Monday, April 20, 2009

We Cannot Forget - We Will Not Forget

Please do yourself a favor and read this paper.

I, myself, have forgotten. Yes, I admit that I have not done near enough to pass on the legacy to my children or that I have not taught what happened 233 years ago. Fortunately, there are those that do who serve to remind me.

Because you can be sure that the State will not tell the story. Our schools water it down. Politicians dismiss it altogether. Society sells it in exchange for social programs and government control - much of which was eradicated by the very people now being dismissed and denied in the political arena.

Ironically, of course, it is the very fight for independence over 200 years ago, which our current administration dismisses, which makes it possible for them to have a voice.

Though the Declaration of Independence may be regarded as a relic and dismissed altogether, and the Constitution may hang by a thread, we cannot forget - we will not forget the price that was paid by those who wrote, signed and gave their lives for these documents.
"And for the support of this Declaration with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor." - The 56 signers of the Declaration Of Independence